One of the most important terms related to UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities is “Accessibility”. Above all, it is important for deaf people and hard of hearing to achieve information access through visual information. Although, the fact of that their barriers has been unseen makes it difficult to be understood full well in public. It is not only deaf people but also people with other disabilities and even most able-bodies people who will benefit from making information access with more ease. For the purpose of disseminating the concept of accessibility and the trend of accessibility for deaf people and hard of hearing to access information into the public, the “Information Accessibility Forum” is held so as to promote the public outreach for fully ensured information accessibility.
Message of the President Mr. Ishino (Japanese Sign Language)
|Duration||From November 22nd (Fri) to November 24th (Sun)
Please be noticed every time slot is different in each area.
(see each Time Table)
(FYI） An event of “Act of Sign Language” is held from 19:00 on November 22nd.
|Venue||Akihabara UDX Bldg. of AKIHABARA CROSSFIELD, Tokyohttp://www.akiba-cross.jp/english/|
- What’s film/movie that both deaf people and hearing people can enjoy together?
- Screen many film works which portray lives of deaf people.
- Create “Deaf Movie” in perspective of deaf people.
- Presentations and panel discussion by leading persons on “Telecommunication Relay Service (TRS)” from US, Europe and Asia to discuss on spread on TRS in Japan.
- Reports on several efforts for information accessibility, including universal design, accessible design, transportation, emergency call, broadcasting and real time captions.
- Several speeches on accessibility.
- Information & Communication Zone：Exhibit leading-edge technologies, devices and services that give contributions to improvement of lives of deaf people & hard of hearing.
- Experience/Enlightenment Zone：Let’s try, experience and see why deaf people/hard of hearing need information accessibility.
- Broadcast/Video Zone： Exhibit several environment to access to broadcasting, films/movies, DVD, theater.
- Display/Sale Zone
|Host:||Japanese Federation of the Deaf|
|Co-host:||The Nippon Foundation / National University Corporation Tsukuba University of Technology|
|Support:（in random order）||Cabinet Office / Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications / Ministry of Foreign Affairs / Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology / Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare / Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry / Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism / Tokyo Metropolitan Government / Japan Disability Forum / The Accessible Design Foundation of Japan / Foundation for Promoting Personal Mobility and Ecological Transportation / Japan Business Federation (KEIDANREN) / The Japan Chamber of Commerce and Industry / National Federation of Small Business Associations / The ITU Association of Japan/ Communications and Information network Association of Japan / The Telecommunication Technology Committee / Telecommunications Carriers Association / Japan Broadcasting Corporation (NHK) /The Japan Commercial Broadcasters Association / National Council for the Promotion of Captioned Broadcasting / The Asahi Shimbun Social Welfare Organization / Nippon Television Kobato Cultural Foundation / The Association for Technical Aids / Japan Hearing Instruments Manufacturers Association / Japan Hearing Instruments Dispensers Association / International Association for Universal Design / Federation of Japanese Films Industry, Inc.|
|Cooperation（in random order）||All Japan Association of Hard of Hearing and Late-Deafened People / The National Research Association for Sign Language Interpretation / Japanese Association of Sign Language Interpreters / National Center of Sign Language Education / NPO Japan Organization of CS Broadcasting for People with Disabilities / NPO National Federation of Hearing impairments Facilities Conference / NPO The All Japan Association for the Research of speech-to-brief text Interpretation / PEPnet-Japan (The Postsecondary Education Programs Network of Japan) / Sumitomo Corporation / Kodansha Company Ltd. / Pioneer Corporation / Dentsu Inc.|
|This forum is implemented with grants from National Federation of Workers and Consumers Insurance Cooperatives (ZENROUSAI) and Saitama Mutual Insurance Society.|