In the morning of April 3rd Sunday, a meeting was held at Iwate Information Center for deaf people and blind people to discuss on launch of the Regional Headquarters in Iwate, and started the official “Iwate Regional Headquarters for Disaster Relief for Deaf People”.
Mr. Koide, a manager of Central Headquarters, and Ms. Sasaki, a sign language interpreter, were presented at the starting of Iwate Regional Headquarter.
Partner Associations are as follow: (These are tentative names in English)
- Iwate Deaf Association
- Iwate Research Association for Sign Language Interpretation
- Iwate Council of Sign Language Circles
- Iwate Deafblind Association
- Circle of Note-takers using personal computer in Iwate, “Aitatchi”
- Iwate Council of Note-takers
- Iwate Association of Hard of Hearing People
- Iwate Information Center for deaf people and blind people
The office of Iwate Regional Headquarters is based in the printing room of the Iwate Information Center. As two staff, a sign language interpreter and a note-taker, both certified by Iwate Prefecture, will be working there for a month.